I’m participating in the online adventure travel and photography magazine LetsBeWild.com’s Wild Weekly Photo Challenge for bloggers. This week’s challenge is: Clouds! – my entries for other weeks can be found here.
Inside the Grand Palace of Bangkok, Thailand, the most sacred Buddhist temple in the country gleams in the mid-morning sunlight. On the left is the library Phra Mondop, and behind it is the Royal Pantheon Prasat Phra Thep Bidorn. One of the Twelve Small Open Pavilions is on the right.
When possible, I like taking photos with both interesting clouds foregrounds, ideally with a sense of connection between the two. During post-production, I remember how it felt to be at that place when I took the photo, and imbibe that energy into the final photo. The awe of discovery. The profoundness of the spiritual. The hot sun on my skin on a breeze-less day. The smell of the nearby river and market. The stunningly beautiful and grandiose palace grounds. The intense reverence of the Thai people (and many foreigners) for this special place. My increased respect for the generations of Thai royals, as I learned more about them in the museum exhibits. I felt very uplifted that day, in multiple ways.
These memories remain fresh, even for a photo taken 6 years ago. I guess you could say that my memory hasn’t gotten cloudy ;D
Do your photos also bring back such strong memories?
Here are a few of my other favorite cloud photos from previous entries – click to see a larger view and read more:
|Available at my Inner Bodhisattva Zazzle store.|
A few shout-outs to some other entries that I liked:
- janeluriephotography shows sunsets and back-lit clouds over the forests and canyons of Utah.
- salmonfishingqueen was the only person this week to catch a rainbow with her clouds.
- abstractlucidity focused on the sunbeams coming out of the clouds,
- creativityaroused shows stormy but striking clouds that give off the feeling that something is about to happen.
- memoriesaremadeofthisblog shares both beautiful ocean sunrises and a stunning ocean sunset.
- graciebinoya shows a beautiful Cape Cod sunset.
- panduadnyana captures the power of the waves under stormy skies, and the majesty of an ocean sunset in Bali.