I’m participating in the online adventure travel and photography magazine LetsBeWild.com’s Wild Weekly Photo Challenge for bloggers. This week’s challenge is: Spring! – my entries for other weeks can be found here.
Two female mallards are checking out a passing male mallard. One of the females is preening her feathers, as if hoping the male will notice her. Even the water seems to reflect their mood, with the red reflections of all the koi in the lake.
Whenever I think of spring, two of the things I always think about are birds and new beginnings. These ducks seem like they are at the start of something, and there may be cute little ducklings in their future. Spring may not be as distinct here in Hawai’i as it is in temperate regions, but there is still the feeling of something special in the air, and all the twitterpated birds add to that effect.
|Available at my Glimmering Glade Zazzle store.|
A few shout-outs to some other entries that I liked:
- dewetswild shares a cute swallow from South Africa.
- salmonfishingqueen shares photos of close-ups of blossoms from different trees in her orchard (with a variety to be envied!)
- the-serenity-space captures close-ups of flowers, birds, and insects.
- humantriumphant takes us from an empty nest, to a “not-so-empty nest”
- antonzeuthen shares a stunning reflection photo of a small piece of spring amongst the icy winter of Denmark.
- milkapejovic shows a San Diego springtime walk through wild flowers.
- abstractlucidity shares more of the birds, flowers, and rainbows here on O’ahu.