I’m participating in the online adventure travel and photography magazine LetsBeWild.com’s Wild Weekly Photo Challenge for bloggers. This week’s Challenge is: Sunrise! – my entries for other weeks can be found here.
Click on the image to see a larger view!
This is yesterday’s sunrise coming up between Koko Head and Hanauma (the two mountains) with reflections in the beautiful ocean. This photo could not have been taken during high tide, so timing really is everything sometimes! It’s mornings like this that remind me how much I really love living in Hawai’i! The panorama is too large to easily fit in this window, so click on it to see a larger view.
|Prints available on: Pixels and Fine Art America.|
A few shout outs to some other gorgeous sunrises from around the world:
- abstractlucidity shares multiple photos with a mirror reflection of the sunrise on water, and a nice silhouette of some water birds.
- janeluriephotography has some images from Kiawah Island, South Carolina with beautiful clouds and grasses on the beach.
- playamart shows sunrise on the rocky shoreline amongst the crashing waves at Playa San Miguel, and a small moment of a slew hermit crabs eating a coconut.
- lagottocattleya‘s photo has silhouettes of trees rising out of the mist, and some pretty light refractions.
- humantriumphant shares the bright and extremely vivid colors of a sunrise over the Appalachian Foothills.
- uthamz shows a sunburst through the leaves of a tree overlooking a misty valley.
- travelsandtrifles shares a mountainside aglow in “Let the Sun Shine”
- the-serenity-space shows the soft pastel glow of a Pacific Ocean sunrise in Australia.
- dewetswild has a nice silhouette of a bird on a lone branch of a dead tree.
- photosandpursuits shares the Florida sun peeking through a tree and reflecting on a lake.
- maireadkahn brings life to a frozen landscape with some bright golden hues.