The gentle afternoon sun filters through the trees, setting the garden suddenly ablaze with light and color. The luminous glow of the sunrays is almost surreal as it shimmers across the rocks, bamboo, trees, and other plants – even on the cute little bird peeking out between the rocks.
I was actually working on a different photo shoot when the sun suddenly started peeking through the trees at just the right angle and lit up the whole area with this heavenly glow. It was a nice change from getting sprinkled on just a few minutes before, but perhaps that was part of why the remaining moisture in the atmosphere seemed to catch the light so beautifully.
|Available at my Glimmering Glade Zazzle store.|
In addition to my entry in the Weekly Photo Challenge, I’d like to give some shout outs to a few other entries that I particularly liked:
- mylifeafterglow has some stunning jellyfish photos, and the first one is particularly beautiful with its detail and its golden glows against the black background.
- museandsparrow has a beautiful crystal ornament photo that captures the delicate reflections of the light quite beautifully.
- andyinoman has a nice plant photo that combines depth of field with the pattern of the layers of leaves.
- adayinthelifeofjennay has multiple photos of different subjects, but my two favorites are the ones of the purple flowers and the adorable little baby bird.
- rosannefreed shares a chronicling of photos of a single night-blooming cereus flower over a period of time. My favorite is halfway down the page labeled “August 6, 2012 at 9:16 pm” and features a delicate blend of light and shadow, with a beautiful blue glow on part of the flower.
- smkelly8 has a photo of a Hindu temple with very intricate carvings.
- mrsmooney27 shares some beautiful luminescent flower petals with dew drops on them.
- takingtotheopenroad shows a pretty stalagtite named the Angel’s Wing, which does indeed look like its namesake
- autumninbruges has some pretty flowers, and something about the colors and light draws me in somehow
- myvividvisions shows a very vivid water lily, with great contrast to the more muted colors of the background